Joining as an affiliate member
Our charitable mission focuses on supporting and championing Dorset’s voluntary and community organisations to help change lives and build strong, healthy, diverse and thriving communities. We recognise that for this to be a success we need to bring people together to collaborate across all sectors.
If your purpose is to improve outcomes for the local community and is not for profit, we welcome you to CAN as an affiliate member.
Our affiliate membership enables you to:
- access up to 5 hours a year expert support, professional advice and practical services
- access volunteer recruitment and placement through our Volunteering Hub
- influence the development of local services through our Networks and VCS Involvement Partners
- signposting and support to access services through our Service Finder and Virtual Hub
- find out what is happening locally in the voluntary and community sector through our Start the Week and Around the Sector newsletter
I genuinely feel patients have had better outcomes because of the support CAN has provided through their Wellbeing Collaborative. Helping to arrange deep cleans, enabling patients to be discharged from hospital in a timely manner, as well as signposting to social groups and support with benefits. All the information gathered was for services that our team had no idea existed.
As an affiliate member we can also: