New initiative launched to encourage businesses with a passion for their local community to engage with and support local charities and community groups through celebration, collaboration and partnerships.
Local charity Community Action Network is launching their new ‘Business Supporter’ membership for businesses in the Dorset area.
CAN invites businesses with a ‘social conscience’ to connect with like-minded businesses, charities / community groups, along with Council and NHS colleagues, who share a vision for Dorset to be a place where strong, healthy, diverse and vibrant communities flourish
The initiative will enable local businesses to:
- Find out more about the local voluntary and community sector and benefits to their business
- Support corporate social responsibility goals
- More easily support local communities if they wish to donate goods or services
- Enable staff to volunteer purposefully through access to the CAN Volunteering Hub and Employer Assisted Volunteering offer
- Partner successfully with local small and micro community groups, rather than a large national charity that may have limited local impact
- Inform community support and development
Karen Loftus, Chief Executive of CAN says “As we tentatively start to come out of the pandemic, it’s so important businesses, charities and community organisations, along with our Council and NHS colleagues work in partnership with each other and the community to flourish forward fairly. Our new Business Supporter membership offers that opportunity and for only £25 a year to join.”
For more information about CAN, the ‘Business Supporter’ membership and how your business can get involved visit our Business Supporter membership page