The voluntary and community sector plays a huge role locally in improving people’s lives and are well placed to understand and work with communities to empower positive change.
Our Networks create opportunities for more joined up working and enable us to gather insight and intelligence about the successes you have had and the challenges you’re facing helping us to drive change across the sector.
By bringing the sector together, the Networks offer regular opportunities for you to meet others and hear about all the great work that’s happening across the county.
At our networks you’ll be able to:
- share insight and intelligence
- share the work you’re doing
- find potential collaborations
- discover funding opportunities
- discuss good practice
- offer and receive peer support
- help to influence and drive effective joined up working and
- come together to empower community-led change!
Our networks are thematically and geographically focused and have evolved from conversations with our members about their needs.
We’re currently offering networks based on:
- Boscombe Network – exactly what is says on the tin! A network for community and voluntary groups working across Boscombe.
- Community Spaces Network – this network is for folk working and volunteering in any spaces the community can use. Museums, community centres, libraries, gardens. Run in conjunction with BCP Council, we meet in person every quarter.
- Network for Supporting Disability – a network for any organisations supporting people with additional needs.
- Early Years Network – for all groups supporting families with children from conception to five years old.
- Network for Groups Supporting Men – any organisations who offer bespoke support for men are very welcome.
- Poole Network – bringing together community and voluntary groups supporting communities in Poole.
- Network for Groups Supporting Older People – Bringing together not for profit groups who find ways to collaborate to support older peoples health and wellbeing.
- Southbourne, Pokesdown and Christchurch Network – a chance for not for profit groups from these three areas to meet, share what they do and find out about other support on offer locally.
- Network for Groups Supporting Women – Voluntary and community groups who offer women only support and spaces are encouraged to network together.
- Leaders Network – an exciting network providing an opportunity for leaders of small charities and not for profit organisations to come together.
- Going Green Together Forum – an opportunity for us to come together to share ideas and thinking on the climate crisis – to encourage actions to reduce the carbon footprint of members and communities, and to mitigate the impact of the climate crisis on communities.
We welcome anyone involved within a voluntary organisation, community group or charity. Whether you’re a volunteer, paid worker, senior leader or trustee you can join. There’s also the opportunity for public sector colleagues to join us to find out about the local VCSE and how we could work together.
All groups from across Dorset are welcome. We are always interested to hear from you about any new networks so please get in touch.
If you would like more information contact Hannah Rees, Engagement Lead firstname.lastname@example.org