Trustees Week is an annual event to showcase and celebrate the achievements of nearly one million trustees across the UK. On Tuesday 7th November, CAN Advisor Steve Place is running his online Being a Charity Trustee class (there’s still time to sign up!) or you can register for the next class on 7 March 2024, 7-9pm.
CAN values and supports the work of charity trustees, and believes it is one of the defining characteristics of a voluntary and community group – that it is run by people who give their time voluntarily to run something that makes a positive difference in their community.
Every year CAN takes part in Trustees Week and this year is no exception. We are even launching an online survey to help us to better understand what advice and support charity trustees want, so please take the survey or distribute it amongst your charity’s trustees. It takes about 10 mins and will help us to better plan our support programme for next year.
CAN currently provides the following advice and support to charity trustees:
- Being a Charity Trustee courses (3 times a year)
- Bespoke training to trustee boards
- Advertising trustee vacancies on our Volunteer Hub
- Financial Governance for Trustees training (5th December),
- Safeguarding for Trustees
- Recruiting Trustees
- Trustee Annual Reports
- Offer 1-2-1 advice and support to trustees
- Advice and guidance for trustees in our Members Zone
- Full organizational and trustee board reviews
- Templates and review of trustee policies.