If you are involving volunteers in your organisation you should have certain policies and procedures in place, to keep both your volunteers and your organisation safe. Any organisation that involves volunteers in its work should ideally have the following policies and documents in place:
- Health and Safety (including undertaking risk assessments)
- Equal opportunities and diversity statement (including recruitment of ex-offenders)
- Confidentiality policy
- Data protection statement
- Safeguarding policy
- Volunteer Policy (this is a framework for a volunteer programme. It helps define the role of volunteers within the organisation, and how they can expect to be treated)
- Volunteer Agreement
- Volunteer Handbook
- Volunteer role description
- Expenses policy
- Problem solving procedures
- Insurance provision for volunteers.
If you would like support in developing volunteer policies, handbooks and/or role descriptions please get in touch. We may also be able to provide you with example policies that can be adapted for your organisation.
Find out more
If you’d like a chat about involving volunteers in your organisation, or more information about the support available, get in touch. Contact Amy Collins by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01202 466130.